Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Better Like Me :-)


Okay, here goes. I am supposed to introduce myself. I hate doing that. I would much rather someone else introduce me. So, if I must, I must. My name is Maile Flanders. I am Amy’s one and only sister. She is older. (Ha!) She is awesome. She is my best friend, my therapist, and my twin in many ways.

I am a 34 year-old married mother of four. I am a stay-at-home mom but I am also in school full time. Life is busy. You should see my laundry pile. Ahem.. Anyway, my battle with weight began when I was in sixth grade. I started noticing bulges where there shouldn’t be. I began wearing loose fitting clothes and long t-shirts. Wasn’t a good look. It has progressed from there. I have had my ups and downs.

Sometimes I feel like I tricked my husband because I was at my lowest weight when I met him. He is an awesome guy though and has never ever said a word. I used to exercise, a lot. I loved it. I felt great. Now I go on a walk about once a week, if I'm lucky. Sad.

Currently I am near my highest weight. Doesn’t feel good. The thing is, I know how to lose weight. I know how to exercise. I know all the do’s and don’ts. I just don’t do it. I really believe that if you really want to know how to lose weight, ask a chubby person. We have done it a million times.

My biggest temptation is night-time eating. You know- when the kids all go to bed and your favorite show is on. I love eating then. That is when leftovers call my name. So, here goes, I thought if I put this out there, if I just say I can start with one thing to change- then maybe I can do it. No more night time eating! Nothing after 9 pm. I will have to update you so I can be accountable. But I feel that this blog is here so we can all be accountable to ourselves more than anyone else. So we can cheer each other on and laugh and cry together.

By the way…so not as brave as my sister. I am not posting my weight. Sorry. I know you were on pins and needles but it is just not happening. Not yet at least.

4 comments:

  1. I like you!

    Thanks for putting yourself out there. I think it's awesome. Night time eating was HUGE for me and I think you're totally right on for tackling that one issue. Once that's all good, you'll be amazed at what else you can do. I mean, how many times have I watched Biggest Loser while eating ice cream?

    WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so can do it! Because of this blog I again this evening at work resisted those "America's finest" chocolate bars that kids sell.... I'm never without chocolate.... I kinda feel like I'm cheating if I read this and post comments and then go do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I tricked my husband, too. He caught me at my very best (physically). Poor guy.

    Now -- if it makes you feel any better about night-time eating, I was recently told (though haven't investigated) that it doesn't matter WHEN we eat...it only matters WHAT we eat.

    Your sister is great...which means you must be, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you. Even if I have to because we are related. :) (I'd like you anyway.) I decided this morning (after eating M&Ms and homemade bread with homemade jam at about midnight and then weighing in like 4 lbs. heavier this morning) that I am going to jump on the anti-night-eating train.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors