Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weigh in

After re-reading my post yesterday, I realized I forgot one very important reason why we overeat. Sometimes, food just tastes so dang good. It isn't always about emotions. Binging is, but just your occassional too-delicious-to-pass up dish is really just about how good it tastes. So that comes down to telling yourself no, not necessarily trying to figure out what emotions your covering up.

There. I feel better having cleared that up.

Now down to business.

I was nervous to weigh myself this morning.
Mostly cuz I had a peanut buster parfait last night for Family Home Evening.

But it goes to show that we can have the ocassional treat, and still be fine. I walked 5 miles yesterday, so that probably helped as well.

Alright, truth time.

Last week I weighed 204.

Today's weight: 201.4

That's a 2.6 pound loss for the week.

So I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm just trying not to think about the fact that I am re-losing weight that I gained back. It's ok. There is nothing that I can do about the past and I just need to move on. So I am.
I am moving on, and I don't need to measure myself by my failures, just by how I learn from them.

How did everyone do this week? Any goals accomplished, things of note? I do want to hear how it goes for everyone else. Even if you decided to run to your mail box instead of walk, that is an accomplishment. If you turned down a second piece of cake that you normally would have said yes to, that is an accomplishment. If you didn't eat after 8, that is an accomplishment. So share, we all can use a pat on the back sometime.

Have a great Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I lost 1.4 pounds this week. I was quite surprised, since I haven't been tracking for 2 weeks. Amazingly (as if I went to church looking for an answer), the topic at this week's meeting was TRACKING. Guess what I'll be doing this week? ;)

    Way to go, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!!!

    DON'T think about it in re-loosing. That'll just ruin it for you!
    YOUR getting healthy :-)

    I have NOT eaten Chocolate in.... well... I think it's been 3 days(I have has other sweets but in extreme moderation) and I'm the person that has always told people that I work out just to eat the 5 pounds of chocolate a day that I do(seriously)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome you guys! I love hearing about people's successes. It just goes to show you that we CAN do it. Even if it's hard, we can do it. Thank you so much for sharing Melissa and Janet.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors