Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm off to the gym again. I'm going to do weight training today. I'm super nervous because last time I belonged to a gym, I was in waaaay better shape and I actually knew what I was doing. I'm not even sure where to start today, and I hate the thought of wandering around with that lost look on my face. I like to pretend I know what I'm doing, NOT stick out like a sore thumb. But I have to start somewhere right?

So today I'm off to a good start with food, hah!!

I had a peanut butter sandwich, on whole wheat bread, and a cookie for breakfast. Can you say what?!

I guess I'm eating egg whites and oatmeal for lunch to balance it out. I don't know why, that sandwich just looked so dang good. And the cookie? I'm still working on moderation. If I tell myself no for anything fun, I will freak out and eat a whole plate of cookies! So one isn't bad.

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken and brussel sprouts for me, cuz I love them, yes I do and mashed potatoes for the kids. I think I will have a baked potato with spray butter and seasoning. And some sort of red meat for Jeff. Simple, but low in calories while high in protein and fiber.

Snack will be a smoothie I think, that sounds good. I've been staying in my 1600 calorie range and it feels good.I'm not weighing myself though. I'm just going off how my clothes fit. I have less anxiety this way, and I don't let the weight of the day affect my mood or how I'm eating. It just feels healthier emotionally for me. I may weigh myself once a month, and usually I end up losing more weight that way. You know, keeping that monster at bay requires something different than what normal weight loss experts would tell you. I no longer have an eating disorder for a reason, some of that being I started doing things my way instead of what everything on the internet told me!

Thoughts? Do you weigh yourself? Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors