Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day two of?

I don't know what to call this. This effort I'm making. I am excited though. I've been having quite a bit of annoying pain that has kept me from exercising. I stopped running thinking things would feel better. But they didn't. And now, without really realizing it, I've slowly stopped going walking on a regular basis as well. And I was so tired every day from not sleeping well. Not sleeping well because I would wake up 4-5 times a night in pain and have to roll over to try and be more comfortable.

But I'm excited because my doc put me on a new medication that has me feeling like a million bucks. It's only been 3 days, but I was able to wake up this morning with my kids, and I stayed up until 10 last night cleaning. I haven't done that in over a year! After the kids got on the bus this morning, I did the dishes and cleaned up and I'm contemplating throwing the kids in the stroller and going on a walk.

This sounds so funny to me, cuz being able to do all those things has always been easy for me. I've always stayed on top of things. And even if it wasn't perfect, it was manageable. The medication I'm on is a anti-depressant that is also used to relieve pain. My doc and I couldn't decide if I was depressed because I was in pain, or if the pain was part of the depression. Some of it isn't. Like my back, which has bothered me for years. And then there is my knees. They would probably feel better if I lost weight. But my muscle aches and shoulder pain seem in a league all their own. So who knows. I just know that the medicine is helping and I feel so happy about it!

So here is my plan for today. I'm trying to give myself breakfast as the meal where I have less than stellar carbs. I figure it will be worked off by the end of the day. But I'm not freaking out either. Maile's doctor told her to just go on a regular diet. No crazy stuff, no low carb, just a regular diet where you watch what you eat and stay within a calorie range. Genius! ha ha So I'm doing that as well. I'm staying within 1600 calories and adding exercise, but not going crazy.

So here is today's menu:

Breakfast:-Rice crispies with banana and almond milk-250
Lunch-Chicken salad with grapes and celery.-350
Snack-hard boiled egg and yogurt-200
Dinner-Burritos, with ground beef, avocado, gluten free wrap, salsa.-500
Snack-apple with peanut butter-250

Oh it feels good to have a plan. And yes Karen-you should post what you're eating here as well. I would love to see what other people dream up for lunch and dinner while staying within their calories/points/whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors